I am re-posting a list of Infection Prevention and Control resources I believe are basic to I.C. Professionals working in California. I live and work in Southern California; for these reasons, the resources I use for my contributions to The Preventionist come mainly from:
- The California Department of Public Health Infection Control Guidelines
- The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health
- The Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- The National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- And the Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC), our national, professional Infection Control Association.
These resources base their guidelines and recommendations on scientifically gathered, evidence based and peer reviewed information. Infection Control Nurses living in other states should rely on their individual State and County Infection Control Guidelines to be compliant.
Here are some Infection Control links you may find useful in California and nationally as well:
- California Department of Public Health Infection Control Guidelines
- California Department of Public Health Enhanced Standard Precautions
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- L.A. County Department of Public Health Guidelines for MDRO’s in LTC
- National Institutes of Health